PLAN TO COME ON DOWN TO FORT MYERS BEACH FOR A WEEKEND FULL OF FUN IN THE SUN!
AMATEUR DIVISIONS INFO
SOLO MASTERS CLASS INFO
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL
(407) 363 SAND 
Or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
WATCH THIS SPACE DAILY FOR UPDATES!
- The Amateur divisions will all be held at the Holiday Inn on Estero Blvd. Contest begins at 9:30 and is over at 2:30 There will be a tent to serve as contest headquarters and on site registration. Registration closes at 11:30 sharp.
- Pre registration for all the amateur divisions will be $5.00. Registration on site day of show will be $10.00
- Trophies will be awarded to first, second and third places in each division. At the Holiday Inn after 4:30pm
- Youth: Ages 12 years & younger. 1-3 persons maximum. Adult assistance inside the plot is limited to the verbal. Plot size: 8'x8'
- Teen: Ages 13 to 17 years. 1-3 persons maximum. Adult assistance inside the plot is limited to the verbal. Plot size: 10'x10'
- Adult: Ages 18 and older. 1-3 persons maximum. Plot size 10'x10'
- Family: Open to all ages. Open to as many persons per team as are in an immediate family including grandparents. However, Aunts/uncles & nieces/nephews are not permitted. Plot size: 10'x10'
- The American Sandsculpting Festival Solo Amateur Championship: All ages. This division is for the more serious sand sculptor or the more advanced practitioners who are not quite ready to step up to the Masters level. This is a solo division. ONE person per plot only. Plot size 12'x12'
The start time is 9:30 a.m. The stop time is 2:30 p.m.
Total: 5 work hours maximum.
Contestants must provide all their own buckets and shovels, carving tools etc.
Water will be available for you to bucket to your plots.
- All decisions of the organizers are final.
- $5.00 Pre-registration per plot. $10.00 Late Registration
- Youth, Teen, and Adult Divisions: Maximum of 3 registered people per team. Family division: Open to any number of members of an immediate family including Grandparents per team. However, Aunts/uncles & nieces/nephews are not allowed. American Sandsculpting Festival Amateur Solo Division: ONE person per plot. All members of a team must be registered. No substitutions allowed.
- You can pre-register by telephone, mail, fax or Email at: The Greater Fort Myers Beach Chamber of Commerce. 17200 San Carlos Boulevard, Fort Myers Beach, Florida 33931 Telephone (941) 454 7500 (outside the area dial 1 800 782 9203). Fax 941 454 7910 Email: email@example.com And then pay and sign on site day of show for only $5.00. IF YOU DO NOT PRE-REGISTER THE FEE IS $10.00 PER PLOT!
- No registrations accepted and no refunds after 11:30am on 11/07/99. Cash or checks payable to: The Greater Fort Myers Beach Chamber of Commerce.
- Only water and the sand from within the assigned plots may be used to create the sculptures. Only naturally occurring, and biodegradable items found on the beach that day such as seaweed and shells may be used for decoration. No artificial color, paint, flour, sugar cement or adhesives may be used.
- No power tools can be used inside the plots.
- Only registered teammates are allowed inside the plots. Any number of helpers may be recruited for work outside the plots to haul water up to the perimeter of the plot, construct forms, organize tools, coaching or cheerleading etc. Before the beginning of the contest, any number of water containers may be filled, but plots may not be wet down prior to start time.
- Start times: 9:30 a.m. You must stop work at 2:30pm. NO activity inside the plots before start 9:30 or after 2:30 p.m.
- All forms, molds, supports, tools etc. must be removed before 2:30 p.m. No sculptured or molded forms allowed unless the sand is carved, re-formed or altered by hand afterwards. The use of melon ballers or other modeling tools larger than two inches is not allowed unless the sand is subsequently reshaped.
- Plot sizes: Youth- 8x 8,. Teen- 10,x 10,. Adult and Family-10,x 10,. Solo-12,x12,.
- Judging will begin at 2:30pm. Awards will be presented at the Holiday inn after 4:30pm. Judging will be by a panel of Master Sand Sculptors that picks their favorite sculptures based on overall impression. impact.
- The organizers reserve the right to disqualify or exclude any team or individual and remove or disallow any sculpture at any time if: said team or individual is in violation of the rules; conducting themselves in an unsportsman like fashion; or is creating a sculpture not in keeping with a familial decorum as deemed appropriate at the sole discretion of the organizers.
- HAVE FUN!
AMATEUR REGISTRATION INFORMATION:
Registrations are not considered valid until completed with appropriate signatures and paid registration fee. Preregistration is only $5.00 per plot. That means, if you call and register by phone, email or fax by 4:00pm 11/05/99 with the Greater Fort Myers Beach Chamber of Commerce office. You may then sign and pay the pre registration fee and on site day of show. Preregistration is encouraged! Late registration on site day of show is $10.00 at the event headquarters tent beginning at 8.00am on the beach at the Holiday Inn. No registrations accepted and no refunds after 11:30am on 11/07/99. Cash or checks payable to: The Greater Fort Myers Beach Chamber of Commerce. 17200 San Carlos Boulavard, Fort Myers Beach, Florida 33931 Telephone (941) 454 7500 (outside the area dial 1 800 782 9203). Fax 941 454 7910 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org